Any form of sexual misconduct is never okay. 

If you think you have experienced sexual misconduct, it may be hard to know what to do or how to feel. What happened was not your fault. What you do next is your choice. 

Such forms of unacceptable behaviour are contrary to the Equality Act 2010 and the University Dignity at Work and Study Policy.


  • Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured, you can contact the emergency services on 999 (or 112 from a mobile phone).
  • Find a safe space.  If an incident has just happened, try and find somewhere you feel safe. 
  • What is sexual misconduct?  It might be useful to think about what is meant by sexual misconduct and how this is described.  


  • Report and Support. Students and staff can report an incident using the University‚Äôs Report and Support system. You can choose to do this anonymously or you can request support from an advisor. If you choose to talk to an advisor, they will be able to talk through the options and support available to you, in confidence.
  • University Procedure. If you choose to make a formal complaint to the University about a student or member of staff, there are procedures which set out the steps you'll need to follow.
Get Support
If you have experienced any form of sexual misconduct, the following signposted support might be helpful to you:

Mental Health and Wellbeing

Find out more on the support available for mental health and wellbeing

For staff:
Trade unions are organised groups of workers who come together to support each other in the workplace.  There are a number of trade unions in our industry including UNISON and UCU and you can contact them to see what support they can provide.
For students:

There are two ways you can tell us what happened