Any form of hate crime is not okay. 

Hate crime is when a person demonstrates hostility to someone on the basis of disability, race, religion, sexual orientation or transgender identity. 

What can you do?

Talk - If someone you know has experienced hate crime, you can encourage them to seek support. Alternatively, you can make an anonymous disclosure, which will allow us to investigate if there are multiple instances in one area.  Or you or the person can make a report with contact details  so the University can take necessary action, in confidence. 

Find out more:
Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) provides further information on hate crime.

Seek Support - There are a number of organisations that provide specialist support, including counselling for those affected by hate crime. You could encourage your colleague to reach out to such support. 

Mental Health and Wellbeing



There are two ways you can tell us what happened