Any form of sexual misconduct is not okay.  

Sexual misconduct is when a person violates someone‚Äôs dignity or creates an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment by carrying out unwanted behaviour of a sexual nature.   

If you think someone you know has experienced sexual misconduct, it may be hard to know what to do or make sense of how they feel.    

Such forms of unacceptable behaviour are contrary to the Equality Act 2010 and the University Dignity at Work and Study Policy.

What can you do?
See the following resources for information on how you might best be able to support someone in this difficult time:

RSVP (Rape & Sexual Violence Project) are a Birmingham based charity that aims to support people who have been subjected to sexual violence and abuse to thrive and enjoy a future of hope and confidence. 
Talk - If someone you know has been affected, you can encourage them to seek support. Alternatively, you can report the incident on the Report and Support portal, which will allow us to investigate.

Find out more:
Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) provides further information on unlawful harassment

Seek Support - There are a number of organisations that provide support, including counselling for those affected by sexual misconduct. You could encourage your colleague to reach out to such support. The following signposted support might be helpful for them:

Mental Health and Wellbeing



There are two ways you can tell us what happened